Why 2019 is the Perfect Time to Sell Your Business
Business owners are surprisingly predictable when it comes to selling their companies. When revenues are rising and money is cheap; they delay. This can have serious consequences when the market turns. Every business owner will exit their business someday. The decision to sell is often both personal and financial. The personal reasons can vary widely, but here are some proven reasons why you should consider selling right now:
- A Recession is Overdue and Projected for 2019. Signs include interest rate hikes, fluctuations and corrections in the stock market, yield curve inversion, trade wars and other factors.
- Not Selling Now could be a Significant Mistake. A recession will create Buyer anxiety, less funding and less demand. Interest Rates are Rising. This will eventually restrict borrowing & reduce the buyer pool.
- Sell Now, from a position of strength – Revenues and Earnings as continue to be up. However, one down year can cause a three-year delay in a sale as buyers and banks like to see 3 years of stability and growth.
- Capital continues to be readily available with SBA & traditional lenders still being extremely aggressive.
- Taxes are now lower under the new administration so you will earn More After Taxes.
- Sale Prices & Multiples of discretionary earnings have risen in 2018 to Historic Highs and Sellers are achieving 93% of Sales to Asking Price.
- Strategic Buyers, large and small, are well funded and continue to grow through acquisition.
- Buyer Demand continues to be extremely high with Sales Prices up 10.7% over last year. Buyer inquiries at Sunbelt continue to break records. Buyer confidence has been boosted by the economy, the increased revenue and profits of the businesses being sold and affordable deal financing.
- It is still a Seller’s Market as buyers out-number sellers. However, this is expected to change soon and there are clear indications are that we are on the verge of a recession.
- Likelihood you will get an offer continues to be up significantly over the benchmark average.
- Closed Transactions are Up 3.7% over last year and reached Record Levels in 2018 Brokers reported the highest number of businesses changing hands since BizBuySell started tracking data in 2007. This growth continues to be credited to Baby Boomers who are reaching retirement age.
- Other Trends continue to include Higher Offers for Companies with management teams in place, with reoccurring revenue, in growing industries, where there is obvious upside potential and the highest multiples go to the companies with the highest revenues and profits.
- Continued Optimism by both Buyers & Lenders and a Pending Recession makes this the Perfect Time to Sell Your business. Timing is Everything and Now is the Time!
At Sunbelt Business Brokers and Sunbelt Business Advisors closings are up significantly over last year and average sale prices are up, driven by higher multiples, better financing and companies with strong earnings. There is no perfect time to sell, but the conditions are extremely favorable right now and the risks of waiting are growing. The Las Vegas office in particular is owned by one of the largest independent business brokerage firms in the country. We have direct access to buyers, acquisition professionals and a staff of others that can help seek out additional buyers specific to your industry. In addition, we have access to in house counsel and have strategic partnerships with private equity groups, lenders, mezzanine financing firms, tax professionals and M & A attorneys – all whom are experts in business transactions. If you are thinking about selling, now is the time to consult with Sunbelt Business Brokers, to be educated on what you can do to maximize your selling price and to help plan for an exit when the time is right for you. Timing is Everything and Now is the Time!
If you are interested in a Free Valuation on your business, please call 702-364-2551 and ask for a broker.
It’s Not What You Sell Your Business For, It’s What You NET
There are many ways to exit your business. Many business owners have been approached directly by buyers. But finding a...
10 Reasons for Sellers to Hire a Broker
Selling a business can be a stressful time in a proprietors life, but these 10 reasons will make it easier...
- Sunbelt has a proven, confidential marketing process in place
- Nationwide reach with over 200 offices
- Expertise to help Sellers NET more
- Top Ranked website reaches thousands of Buyers
- Skilled team of brokers, advisors and analysts