ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH AN SBA PREFERRED LENDER VERSUS NON-PREFERRED
• Preferred lenders have been given the authority by the SBA to underwrite their own SBA loans internally and make the final credit decision, saving multiple weeks in the process.
• Preferred lenders have a proven track record of successfully processing and servicing SBA guaranteed loans. Other factors determining their PLP (Preferred Lender Provider) designation include performance, loan volume, and a clear knowledge of SBA policies and procedures.
• Once a lender does receive a PLP designation, the term lasts for a maximum of two years. Prior to re-certification the SBA will audit a PLP lenders loans, policies, and procedures.
• PLP borrowers are working with a bank that has a proven track record who possess a direct relationship with the Small Business Administration.
• Time is money. PLP lenders have SBA lending tools that non-PLP lenders do not have, allowing them to act quickly and efficiently in their interactions with borrowing customers.
• Non-preferred lenders must send loans into the SBA for approval, which can take up to 4 weeks. They have less control over the loan and the approval results.
If you have questions about SBA financing options, please contact me.
Tom Stadler-Sunbelt Business Advisors
SBA Loan Specialist, Finance Director, Licensed Business Broker
It’s Not What You Sell Your Business For, It’s What You NET
There are many ways to exit your business. Many business owners have been approached directly by buyers. But finding a...
10 Reasons for Sellers to Hire a Broker
Selling a business can be a stressful time in a proprietors life, but these 10 reasons will make it easier...
10 Things to Look Out for When Buying a Business
You’re buying a business and have already “shook hands” on the deal. But there are some things you should insist...
- Sunbelt has a proven, confidential marketing process in place
- Nationwide reach with over 200 offices
- Expertise to help Sellers NET more
- Top Ranked website reaches thousands of Buyers
- Skilled team of brokers, advisors and analysts