Business Brokers Wanted
Join the team that has been honored as among the “Best Places to Work,” according to annual rankings published by the Minneapolis-St Paul Business Journal (MSPBJ) and awarded #1 firm in the country in 2021 by the International Business Broker Association.
Sunbelt Business Advisors is seeking to add business brokers for its growing office. We are the largest business brokerage firm in Minnesota.
What is a Business Broker?
The primary role of a business broker is to help owners sell their businesses when they are ready to exit.
Source and secure listing agreements with business owners through networking, direct marketing, and various forms of contact.
Evaluate a business from a financial and operational perspective to develop an opinion of market value.
Once a listing agreement is signed, brokers will market and present the business through written and oral form.
Screen, develop and work with potential business buyers for the firm’s listings.
Work with sellers, buyers, bankers, accountants, attorneys, and landlords in the negotiation process and ensure a successful completion of the transaction.
Who are we looking for?
Most are former business owners, sales professionals, or have come from transaction-oriented industries. They possess strong sales, negotiation, management, or finance experience and are known to be persistent and resilient.
Incoming brokers will be expected to have a Minnesota real estate license or have the willingness to obtain one.
Why Become a Business Broker?
- Number of business transactions is growing due to the following:
- Aging Business Owners – Over 50% of businesses are owned by people 50 to 88 years old. There has been and will continue to be a flood of baby boomers who need to sell their businesses due to retirement (Age Tsunami).
- Buyer Demand – Incredible demand from individual buyers who want to “Be Their Own Boss” and own a business.
- Strategic Growth – The economy is strong and successful companies want to acquire other companies as a part of their growth strategy.
- Lifelong career opportunity that offers flexible hours and lifestyle.
- A career that allows you to “be your own boss” without having to buy or own a business.
- It’s difficult to replace a business broker with technology, given the complexity and sophistication of the position.
- Sunbelt has been honored as among the “Best Places to Work,” according to annual rankings published by the Minneapolis-St Paul Business Journal (MSPBJ)
- Sunbelt Business Advisors is a part of the Sunbelt Network, which has locations globally. Sunbelt sells more businesses than any other firm in the world which makes the Sunbelt Brand a powerful draw for both buyers and sellers.
- Comprehensive training program with a track record of success.
- Sunbelt’s exclusive Certified Main Street Business Broker (CMSBB) training and certification.
- Strong support and team environment with over 30 brokers, admin team, analyst team, marketing team, and an internal finance department.
Brokers and Advisors are commission only and are independent contractors.
- Top brokers can earn $250,000 – $500,000.
How to Apply?
If you would like to be considered for a broker or M&A advisor position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org